Thursday, March 20, 2008

CKU and Our Empty Nest!

I was away at CKU in Chicago last week for 4 days of scrapbooking with Val and Sandy. It is so funny how time just flies by when you are scrapbooking. The best thing that happened was my friend Val, who has been talking about a little scrapbook tool called The Slice ever since she saw it demonstrated at CHA, actually won it at CKU! On the way there she was even trying to talk us all into buying one together when they come out this summer. They will sell for about $150 and then the discs are extra. Anyway, in our album class, Margie Romney-Aslett, our scrapbook designer instructor, pulled Val's name out of the tickets. Needless to say, Val was thrilled! It was like it was just meant to be.
When I left for Chicago I knew that Mitch was moving out that weekend and I would be coming home to Rob and our empty nest. I decided to look at it as a new chapter in my life. And Mitch said he would stop by a lot, and offered to still help with some chores around here. So, of course we miss having hime here, but it was time for him to be on his own. It is a little quieter around here though. He is pretty busy with work and college, but I know he will be here sometimes because his motorcycle is here!