Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Grandmother's Music Box




This was my Grandma Greer's music box that I was happy to get after she passed away. I remember visiting her when I was a little girl and she would always let me wind it up and listen to the music. It plays the hymn "Standing On The Promises". I would listen to it over and over, and then I would be humming it on the way home in the car. When I received the music box, it wasn't working, and I'm sure I'm the one who probably overwound it and broke it, but luckily I was able to get it fixed at a jewelry store. There are also little cards inside with scripture on them. When I was going through treatment for cancer, I would pull out a card almost everyday, and find strength and comfort in the words printed there. I love that I can now share this music box with my granddaughter, Nicole.